ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Consultants
ISO 20000 is the worlds first international standard for IT Service Management. ISO/IEC 20000 is an international IT standard that allows companies to demonstrate excellence and prove best practice in IT management. The standard ensures companies can achieve evidence-based benchmarks to continuously improve their delivery of IT services. ISO/IEC 20000 was released in 2005 based.
The standard is intended for organizations who provide managed IT services such as infrastructure and/or applications support; this can be both for external delivery e.g. to clients who have outsourced their IT support, as well as for internal IT groups. A certificate issued by third party registrar to demonstrates that your IT management system has been certified against requirements of ISO 20000 requirements. Implementation of ISO 20000-1 by setting up of internal processes gives confidence to customers about the delivering capability through use of IT infrastructure.
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 is the formal specification and defines the requirements for an organization to deliver managed services of an acceptable quality for its customers.
The scope includes:
- Requirements for a management system
- Planning and implementing service management
- Planning and implementing new or changed services
- Service delivery process
- Relationship processes
- Resolution processes
- Control processes
- Release processes.
Benefits of ISO 20000 certification
- Alignment of information technology services and business strategy.
- Creation of a formal framework for current service improvement projects
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services.
- By requiring ownership and responsibility at all levels, it creates a progressive ethos and
- Supports interchanging of service providers and staff by virtue of the creation of inter-
enterprize operational processes.
- Reduction of risk and thus cost in terms of external service receipt
- Through the creation of a standard consistent approach, aids major organizational changes.
- Enhanced reputation and perception
- Fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active processes
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Consultants by State